FAQs on CannaReleaf™ - CBD
What is CBD?
- The term CBD represents an acronym for Cannabidiol, one of the 113 phytocannabinoids derived from the Cannabis plant species. CBD as a compound is completely devoid of the intoxicating/psychoactive activity, whilst also exhibiting analgesic, anxyolitic, anti-convulsant, anti-inflammatory, antineoplastic and chemopreventive properties.
What is THC?
- The term THC represents an acronym for (−)-trans-Δ⁹-tetrahydrocannabinol, one of the 113 phytocannabinoids derived from the Cannabis plant species. THC is the only psychoactive/intoxicating compound present within the Cannabis plant species, with it being generated as a biological defense mechanism against insect predation, ultraviolet light, and environmental stress. Several studies are showing more evidence that, when used properly, THC has many additional medical benefits such as memory improvement, pain management, nausea reduction, anti-inflammation and muscle control capabilities.
Can CBD get me High?
- No, consuming CBD will not make you high. CBD is actually an antagonist of the CB1 Receptor, meaning it'll actually block or modulate the intoxicating effects of THC. Thus, CBD in strong concentrations produces an uplifting or a relaxing effect, it has no psychoactive value and does not get a consumer intoxicated/high.
Can THC get me High?
- Yes, due to the psychoactive nature of THC, its consumption will make you feel high; depending upon the amount of THC consumed, form in which it is consumed and the time span in which it is consumed. This occurs as THC is an agonist/activator of the CB1 receptor within the human body,which is characterized by increased blood flow to the prefrontal cortex region of the brain. This region of the brain is responsible for decision-making, attention, and other executive functions, like motor skills. In short, THC intoxication can affect any of these functions to varying degrees from person to person.
How does CBD work within my body?
- The effect of Cannabinoids like CBD on the human body can be determined through its interaction with the body’s EndoCannabinoid system (ECS). When a person consumes CBD, it interacts with the ECS receptors throughout the body, particularly the CB1 and CB2 Receptors. These receptors are signaling pathways for pain perception, anxiety, stress, and inflammatory responses. CBD helps to filter the signals sent to the brain, thus minimizing unnecessary pain or inflammation. When it comes to its interaction with the Human brain, CBD has shown to stimulate serotonin pathways in the brain, thereby providing relief for anxiety, depression, and migraine symptoms. CBD also helps regulate the activity of glial cells (which provide support to the Brain’s neurons), bringing them back to a normal level.
What are some of the side effects associated with CBD consumption?
- Although the consumption of CBD is generally well tolerated by most consumers, there are a few minor side effects on a near-negligible scale which have occasionally been noticed with a significant amount of consumption (More than the average daily human tolerance), such as :-
- Dry Mouth
- Change in Appetite
- Change in Mood
- Increased levels of Liver enzymes However, such side effects are few and far between, with a majority of consumers reporting on the positive effects drastically outweighing potential side effects.
What is the EndoCannabinoid system?
- The EndoCannabinoid System is a biological system composed of endocannabinoids, which are endogenous lipid-based neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors, and cannabinoid receptor proteins that are present within the central nervous system (including the brain) and peripheral nervous system.
Is it possible to overdose on CBD?
- No, it is not possible to Overdose on CBD. Though consumption in high dosages may trigger occasional changes in mood & appetite..
What is the ideal dosage of CBD per day for a person?
- There is no exact ideal dosage of CBD per day for a person. This would be highly relative and would depend on several factors such as body type, Consumption & lifestyle habits, CBD tolerance, and the consumer’s level of pain or discomfort. The type of CBD product and its concentration are other important considerations, since some products interact differently with the body than others.
What is the difference between CBD and THC?
- CBD and THC are two of the primary Cannabinoid compounds that occur naturally within the Cannabis plant.
- The main difference between CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is that CBD does not induce a high whereas THC does.
- THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana, induces sleep or drowsiness (a common effect of most strains of marijuana), whereas CBD keeps you up and increases energy. And THC is responsible for the feeling of being high.
- When reacting together, CBD actually works against the effects of THC by reducing anxiety & stress
How should products with CBD be stored?
- BOHECO Life’s CannaReleaf™ products should be stored in a cool & dry place, with minimum exposure to sunlight.
Can I give products with CBD to my Kids?
- Though products with CBD are being used by parents in different countries to help treat their child’s seizures, pain, and even autism, it would be advisable to consult a medical practitioner before giving CBD based products to your children.
Can I give products with CBD to my Pets?
- Though products with CBD are being used by pet owners in different countries to help treat their pets’ health conditions, it would be advisable to consult a veterinarian before giving CBD based products to your pets.
How long till one begins to notice effects of CBD within the body?
- Typically, when taken sublingually, CBD enters the system in about 20 minutes. It may take up to two hours if taken via a capsule.
- For some people, results are immediate. A lot of people will notice better sleep the first night they take CBD. For others it might take two weeks to a month to even notice anything. So it’s important to be patient when starting to take CBD. This depends on why you are taking CBD oil and whether you are taking enough to combat the symptoms you have
Is CBD present in Hemp seed Oil?
- No, CBD is not present in Hemp Seed Oil.
Is it legal to consume products with CBD in India?
- Yes, certain laws & provisions allow for the legal & safe consumption of products with Cannabinoids in India. For more information, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Do CannaReleaf™ products also contain THC?
- Yes, some CannaReleaf™ products contain trace amounts of THC and thus should be used under medical supervision. Please refer the product label at the time of usage.
What is the Difference between CBD Oil & Hemp Seed Oil
- CBD oil is primarily derived from the flowers & the leaves of the Cannabis plant, whereas Hemp Seed Oil is derived from the Seed of the Hemp(Cannabis) plant. CBD is majorly used in the wellness space, as its properties help in balancing the human body's ECS, thereby providing relief from pain,inflammation and anxiety caused by different illness/ailment areas. Hemp Seed oil is majorly used in the nutritional or cosmetic space, as it comprises of Amino acids, Omegas, Vitamin E, anti-oxidants and Minerals. Hemp Seed Oil does not have a similar medically therapeutic nature to CBD. However, it is well renowned for the nutritional benefits it provides to the Human body.