How CannaReleaf™ Skin Health benefits your skin
According to global skincare experts, the skin is the largest organ in the human body and plays the role of our first line of defence from external pathogenic microorganisms. Being the largest organ in the body, the skin has the highest number of cannabinoids receptors, which make up part of the human body’s Endocannabinoid System.
A little history
In the early 1990s, scientists were conducting research to find the binding sites for THC and Cannabidiol (already discovered in the 1960s) and its resultant effects on the human body. During this study, the ECS was discovered followed by the discovery of the CB1 AND CB2 receptors. They understood that these receptors and their networks were spread across the human body, present in the brain, skin, CNS and the skeletal system. In the world of research, the ECS is still understudied but it has been identified as a central system in the human body, and as important as the immune or respiratory system.
CannaReleaf™ – How it works
CannaReleaf™ for Skin Health is made with ingredients sourced from nature with the highest quality standards. The sourced ingredients are collected using GACP, are non-GMO compliant as well as free from harmful chemicals and preservatives. The formulated product contains whole spectrum Phyto-cannabinoid extracts with enriched hemp leaf extract which fights inflammation, ageing and free radical damage to the skin by activating the ECS.
Ingredients are then subsequently formulated and manufactured in a GMP compliant and licensed manufacturing facility which assures the highest quality control parameters and standards are adhered to.
All you need to know
- The CannaReleaf™- Skin Health range is specifically designed for improving the health of dry and inflamed skin.
- The Cannabinoid receptors in the skin are part of the ECS and regulate critical processes such as oil production by the cells of the skin i.e. to increase or decrease oil production and secretion to optimal skin health.
- Cannabidiol and its benefits have been studied for multiple uses and have shown soothing, calming and therapeutic benefits when applied to the skin topically.
- Hemp leaf extract is completely safe, being non-psychoactive unlike its counterpart THC, it doesn’t give the individual user a ‘high’.
- Hemp leaf extract is exceedingly helpful for individuals with dry skin conditions, inflammatory skin conditions, skin sensitivity, acne and skin complications. For oily skin, hemp leaf extract regulates the production of oil and sebum via the cannabinoid receptors present in the skin. It helps improve the texture and appearance of the skin.
- Utilising the ECS, the powerful anti-inflammatory properties of Hemp leaf extract assist the skin in its natural healing process, shortening the lifespan of breakouts, eczema/ psoriasis.
- Skin ageing is an indirect result of inflammation. Hemp leaf extract is already identified as a potent anti-inflammatory compound as well as antiaging.
- Hemp leaf extract is also touted as a potent antioxidant and prevents free radicle damage to the skin by neutralising free radicles and combat oxidative stress.
- The CannaReleaf™ products are mixed with virgin coconut oil which helps bolster your skins protective barrier layer. It traps moisture inside and keeps skin supple, hydrated and reduces inflammation.
- A lack of collagen production leads to the compromised structural integrity of the skin forming wrinkles and weakening of joint cartilages. Beyond anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil is also known to increase collagen production
- Hemp leaf extract is a restorative solution for all skin types including acne-prone and sensitive skin. Hemp is a natural plant compound that's been shown to help reduce inflammation and support the skin's natural healing process.
- It turns out Hemp Seed oil also has antioxidant properties which contribute to the research indicating it can help lessen the visible signs of ageing skin. By counteracting free-radical damage. Hemp leaf extract anti-ageing creams may be able to help visibly diminish issues like wrinkles, skin dullness, and ruddy skin tone
- Hemp leaf extract has potent antioxidant properties (much like tried-and-true antioxidants, vitamins C and E). Antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals, unstable molecules unleashed by environmental aggressors (such as UV rays and pollution) that damage the structural parts of the skin and speed up the visible signs skin ageing: fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. By neutralizing free radicals before they can do any damage, antioxidants help skin stay more youthful-looking longer.
- In addition to the Hemp, Cannareleaf™ Skin Health range hemp extract typically contains other cannabinoids which have anti-inflammatory effects of their own, such as CBG, CBGV, CBC, CBDV, and THCV.
Written by - Anna Dias